10 steps to de-stress
A psychology teacher in California recently gave students a list of 101 ways to de-stress their lives. Then one of them posted it online, and it’s going viral. Some of the stuff on the list are bigger goals, like “do everything in moderation.” And some are more specific, like “make extra keys.”
Here are ten more we liked . . .
1. Get up 15 minutes earlier. But make sure you get enough sleep.
2. Don’t rely on your memory. Write stuff down if you need to remember it.
3. Say “no” more often. Meaning don’t over commit to stuff.
4. Simplify your meals. You don’t need everything to be gourmet and complicated.
5. Break up large tasks into smaller tasks.
6. Stop trying to “fix” other people.
7. Look up at the stars. It helps you put things in perspective.
8. Pay attention to your breathing, and stretch. Which is kind of what yoga is.
9. Strive for excellence, but NOT perfection.
10. Freely praise other people. It’ll make you feel better about YOURSELF too.